CitiBin is an outdoor enclosure for garbage, recycling, and composting cans. And soon, for strollers, bikes, and more.
"After the energy and investment I've put into my home, it didn't make sense to pile garbage in front. CitiBin conceals trash and adds curb appeal. My neighbors and the Landmark Commission agree!"
-Elaine, West Village NYC
for property managers
"Trash management is always an issue at our properties. CitiBin is the perfect solution to separate trash from recyclables, contain smells, and keep scavengers away. Sanitation citations have stopped."
-Trevor, coop property manager
for trade professionals
"Trash storage is usually an afterthought. I love that CitiBin corrals the garbage that would otherwise overtake our landscapes. It's a no-brainer to recommend CitiBin to clients doing stoop projects."
-Hilary, landscape architect
At last, an attractive and durable enclosure.
Since building the first CitiBin in 2012, we have experimented with materials and design to create the world's best outdoor enclosure. Extensive thought and testing have gone into every feature. The frame won't warp. The doors won't slam. The screws won't rust. Every feature was designed to be attractive, durable, and user-friendly. Not adjectives that typically describe existing enclosures in the marketplace. Almost half of our clients are replacing existing enclosures that had become eyesores.
- MATERIAL: Unlike wood that warps, steel that rusts, and plastic that looks shoddy, CitiBin is made with a rust-free aluminum frame and recycled bamboo composite siding.
- READY-TO-ASSEMBLE: By popular demand, we created a kit version of CitiBin so it can be flat-packed, shipped, and assembled anywhere.
- MODULAR: Double, triple, quad, quintuple, ...decuple, ...treducuple.
- LOW MAINTENANCE: Easy to clean; doesn't need to be stained seasonally like wood
- WARRANTY: 5 years
- DESIGN: Modern, clean lines (unlike the barn-like trash sheds on the market)
- PALETTE: Three neutral color choices: coffee, slate, and charcoal
By Popular Demand: CitiBin as a Kit
Co-Designed with Clients
Why make such a big deal about trash storage? Because trash can be unpleasant to schlep and store, and the enclosures on the market lack obvious features like locks and adjustable feet.
The CitiBin kit is now shipping nationwide.
In response to demand for CitiBin outside of NYC, we developed a pre-fabricated kit that can be flat-packed and shipped. A CitiBin kit comes with pre-assembled panels and doors, and hardware for you or a handyman helper to bolt it together.
Feeling uneasy about assembling CitiBin yourself? We designed it to be easy to assemble, but that's for you to say. An assembly video and manual will be available here shortly.